Friday, September 23, 2011

I Wasn't Ready

I struggled with sending Ellie to school, I mean really struggled, Brandon didn't struggle but I did. But for the past two weeks I have volunteered in her classroom and the answer was clear: We are right where we are supposed to be. I wasn't naive, I knew everybody didn't have as blessed a start as Ellie did but I still wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for the little girl who was excited because I'm going to come every Monday because in her little world people often don't always come when they say they're going to. I wasn't ready for kids that get themselves ready each morning and try so hard to look clean and put together like the other kids. I wasn't ready for the heartbreak I would feel when I heard a little girl say her daddy didn't have enough gas to get her to school. I wasn't ready...but this is right where we're supposed to be.

When Jesus saw it, He was indignant and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me. Don't stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Mark 10:14

1 comment: