Sunday, September 11, 2011

Have You Forgotten?

The words of that song have been running through my head the past couple of days leading up to the anniversay of 9/11. So yesterday I just stopped and thought about that day. I was in college at ETSU and since my classes were later on Thursday's I was watching the Today show, they were showing the towers live after the first plane hit so I was watching when the second plane hit and I immediately felt sick at my stomach. Classes were cancelled that day so I came home because, like everybody else in the world, I just had a need to be around my family. Since everyone was at work I drove straight to my Papaw and Grandmama Wyatt's and they came out and met me on the porch. I remember so vividly her telling me that they had not had feelings like that since December 7th, 1941: Pearl Harbor.

Today I've been married for nine years and I have two children but I've not forgotten. When I stopped yesterday and thought about it the emotions are all still there: scared, frustrated, anger, sympathy, courage, and I'm glad because...I never want to forget.

Psalm 117

 1 Praise the LORD, all you nations;
   extol him, all you peoples.
2 For great is his love toward us,
   and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
   Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment